What strategies have you found helpful while trying to serve our unaccompanied youth during this COVID-19 crisis?

Specifically with the social distancing and limited access to school buildings, how are you accessing where your supplies/resource closets a

Meeting virtually with our C of C partners more frequently during this time has helped to keep current with all the changes in accessibility, services and shelter availability and resources as all seems to be a moving target. DHHS staff have been a great resource hub for our community.

3 Likes

Making sure i get accurate contact information that I may have for my parents that may not be accessible in our student database to those getting educational resources to our students.

2 Likes

Asking about Bridge card…

1 Like

I have utilized social media accounts to find students. They may not have a working phone, but are getting messages through various accounts. Very helpful to me. Also, our district has been great regarding delivery of food in various ways to serve individuals with unforeseen needs. Maybe there could be resources/supplies available at food distribution sites.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your strategies Julie!

1 Like

Also, our local United Way chapter has been awarded Emergency Relief Fund Grants you can apply for - each grant can be up to $1,000.00 I ended up writing for 2 separate grants to provide personal care products which have then been available to families and staff who deliver food bags to the families.

1 Like

Especially since we can’t really use MV grant dollars unless it is extenuating/emergency situations. Nice to have other sources to help out families.

I have set up grocery distribution thru a “walk up window” for our MV families & UY. I have also been reaching out to them, via phone, facebook, etc.