MV Grant Reimbursements

Interested to know in regards to MV Grant Funding. When you receive reimbursements from your locals and review for appropriate use and submit for reimbursement, do you provide the student level data to your business office for reimbursement? (ie. the student name) Does the financial auditor need to verify the names? I’m getting conflicting information. In the past we have not had to submit names to our business office but since I have taken over now they are saying it is required. #grant

I am not aware of this - as it depends on where the funds are being reimbursed to. For example - I work directly with our food service directors and if the financial reimbursement is to the food service program I speak directly to him/her about the student and 2 times throughout the year as we establish their free meal status (MV funds can cover any outstanding lunch bill at the time of their qualification on MV Program). Funds are shifted to food service and only through but MV Liaison/Grant Coordinator/ & Administrator - keeping names private within our grant team.

Pupil Accounting Rep in our district is the one who reports to the State (during COVID-19 Crisis) and I communicate to that person each new MV student as the State does need to be updated ~Vicki~

1 Like

Hi Kim
Our business office requires complete reimbursement disclosure whenever purchases are made with our district issued credit card (for me as MPS liaison). I keep original receipts and signatures for my documentation and submit copies along with the cc statement. When other districts submit to me (as grant coordinator) for reimbursement, I keep their documentation and submit a copy to the CGRESD for reimbursement. It’s a lot of copying, but it satisfies 2 different auditors.

1 Like

I always make sure I can track it back to an individual. I attach all receipts to the request for reimbursement. I do not keep copies as I know they are on file in the Business Office should they ever be needed and now all these things are being converted to electronic files so we will have ready access if/when needed.

1 Like

There was interesting conversation with others this morning about #16 on the spending guidance, and how districts interpret that. With the shut down, I am looking to spend carryover money for the first time. We’ll talk more about this as a group, I’m sure. If we could purchase prepaid cards and document it based on how many MV students we have, instead of running out each time for individuals, it helps immensely. I liked Nicole’s idea to keep serial numbers from cards with receipts to show how it was spent.

Thank you!

1 Like

She definitely sounds like she has a great process in place. So to track you would purchase a few cards and keep track of the cards numbers etc. Submit that for reimbursement as a prepaid expense. Then when you get a referral for gas cards from the locals you send the card to them and give the business office the name so they can put it as used . . still a little fuzzy on how that would work . . but I like it I’m sure it would help the locals out too